Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TRULY honest

Ok, so I was tagged about a month and a half ago by my sister-in-law Lindsey to post ten TRULY honest things about me, and it has taken me this long to sit down and do it! So here goes:

1. I LOVE to read. I got started before kindergarten, and haven't stopped. I can read a 700+ page book in a day if I am really into it. I have a stack from the library beside my bed at all times, usually compiled of at least 6 books to be read. Jon had to build me a little two shelf bookshelf to go beside my bed just so that I can keep things from toppling to the floor.

2. I like cartoons. Disney cartoons are my favorite, but I like a lot of other ones too. It is something I have never gotten over since I was a kid. I have rented Ducktales from Netflix for my kids, and I often end up sitting and watching them too. (On that note, I know the songs to all the Disney Afternoon cartoons that were on when I was a kid.) 

3. I MISS coffee. Mochas, lattes, coffee with cream and sugar. I dream about it sometimes. I love to walk down the coffee aisle at the store, and I have occasional battles with myself over whether or not coffee ice cream is acceptable under the Word of Wisdom (so far I have not been able to win that argument with  myself, and thus haven't had any coffee ice cream goodness.) In heaven there had better be something that tastes EXACTLY like coffee that I am allowed to have in excess.

4. I always think that people don't like me, and am always worried that I have said or done something to offend someone. I want everyone to like me, even people who I don't necessarily like. I have issues, I know.

5. I am a sucker for Irish guys. The accent gets me every time. Jon knows that if I ever meet a relatively attractive Irish guy who wants to sleep with me, my hands are tied.

6. I have a tattoo, and if I hadn't joined the church, I would most likely have another one. I have never been ashamed of it (thought I do not go around telling people that I have one because I do not enjoy being judged.)

7. I love to sing. I was in many choirs in high school, and also in the Northern California Honor Choir. I was in a musical about 5 nuns - I was the gospel singing one.

8. This goes along with #7 - when I was in high school I wanted to be a black gospel singer. Not going to happen, I know, but still something that I always wanted to be.

9. I have a soft spot for 80's movies, especially John Hughes movies. Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Say Anything, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Some Kind of Wonderful. Footloose,  Dirty Dancing, I could go on. I can watch these movies any time, and they always make me feel like a teenager again. And they are the ultimate girl's night videos.

10. Each guy that I either a) had a severe crush on or b) dated in high school had at least one main trait that Jon has: two were very tall, two were LDS, one was a musician, etc. If I had added them all up, I would have known what I was looking for!  

So there you go, my ten truths. I am going to tag:

Raimi Krupp
and Erin Greene

9 comments:

erin said...

I will stay up till 2am just to see the end of Sixteen Candles when they play it late at night. I've seen it a million times, but that ending kills me. Jake Ryan standing by the Porsche when she comes out of the church, and them sitting on the glass table & kissing over the b-day cake. Awesomeness! PS- you need to assume everyone does love you, b/c you are awesome, so if they don't they have something wrong w/ them!

Lindsey and Jared said...

Wow! You have a tatoo?? I didn't know that! And I didn't know you liked to sing either. Thanks so much for doing it, you rock! Oh, and I completely agree with Erin...you should automatically assume EVERYONE likes you!

Sarah said...

love this post. I am working on one too--it's been in draft mode for days. It's not near as interesting as yours. Why is it so hard?

Steph said...

Those are great! I did know about your tattoo and I judge you up and down every time I see you :) jk but I know what you mean. I think it's great that you're not embarassed. It's who you were, not who you are now. And I think the coffee thing is hilarious AND just so you know, Bishop Alston also has a love for coffee ice cream, and got some last week and coldstone. It's his fav. Take that information for what it's worth ;)

Meridee said...

I love you! And I loved that post. You are so much fun. I miss you.

erin said...

Ok, so I finally did mine. Better late than never, right?

Lindsey and Jared said...

You should blog some more :)

jonandmorgan said...

Hello, just wanted to say hi from another Jon and Morgan! ;) I was trying to come up with an address for our new blog but since this one was taken, I got curious and checked it out. So nice to "meet" you! --Morgan

The Hunt Family said...

Is it just me or does no one blog anymore? I can't believe it's been 7 months since you've posted! What else is everyone doing? Did I miss some sort of internet fad?