Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pretty Irish Girl


Mora na maidine dhuit, or top o' the mornin' to you! Today is St. Patrick's Day, which is definitely in the running for being one of my favorite holidays. I am part Irish, so it is obviously already a prerequisite to love the day. I am all about wearing green and I love shamrocks. I plan one year to carry a bag full of St. Patrick's Day buttons or green ribbons or something to hand out to all those people who aren't wearing green. Ireland is on my list of places to go in my life. My husband has also been forewarned that if I ever come across a cute Irish guy who is interested in me, all bets are off, because I can't resist that accent!

In addition to all these reasons to love St. Patrick's Day, there was something else...what was it? Oh, that's right - it is also my birthday! This particular year I happen to be turning 30, which I am actually pretty happy about. It feels good to be entering a whole new decade of life, and to know that there will never be a 2 in front of my age again. In celebration, this morning I met my dad for breakfast, dressed wearin' my green, of course (in my family, it is a punishable crime to not wear green on St. Patty's Day, and I enforce that rule!) I gorged myself on a strawberry Belgian waffle and hot chocolate (it's a good thing calories don't count on your birthday!) This evening there are some plans in the works that I am not privy to, and I love surprises so I am excited for that. My kids sang to me this morning, and my husband had also made a video of them singing. Here is a link, since for some reason I can't get it to post here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe6O3Uwb2vM

Well, I hope that you all are enjoying the day, and wearing your green, and that luck is smiling on you!

6 comments:

Raimi said...

happy birthday, morgan. i don't think i knew you were a st. patty's day baby! happy 30th!

Steph said...

Yay! Happy Birthday. Where's the link to the singing kids?? And you're wrong about the 2 never being at the front of your age again, you could live to be 200. So there.

Morgan said...

Ok I don't know why the link thingy didn't post - here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe6O3Uwb2vM

Meridee said...

Happy happy birthday Morgan dear! Party like it's going out of style.

The Hunt Family said...

Happy Bday Irish girl. haha. Sorry it's a day late! 1 year older and wiser too! happy birthday to you!

erin said...

Hope your birthday was "lucky"! 30's are great! Enjoy, and just to give you something to look forward to, I think 33 is a woman's ideal age. No more baby fat, but none of the things my friends and I all hate about our bodies at 40! Enjoy! PS- this post makes me smile. A few years back Grant & I were coming through customs when the agent looked at my passport, and then me, and said, "Oh no, don't let the Irish girl back into the country." :)