Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Baby

Jonathan is not really a baby anymore - last Friday (February 13th) we celebrated his 2nd birthday. I can't believe that he is getting so big so fast! I guess I should say old rather than big, since, let's be honest, he has always been so big. At any rate, Friday we had a party for him (with an Elmo them since Jonathan loves Elmo.) Due to the snow trapping my side of the family, the guest list was decreased; attending were Jamie and her three kids, Jon's mom, Jake and his friend Brenda, and our friends Josh and Jen with their little son Will (who is almost 2 himself.) We had hotdogs and Bratwursts (Jon had to grill under the garage door due to the rain) with chili, veggies & chips and dip and salads. I handed out party horns to the kids and immediately regretted it, but the had a blast (no pun intended.) Then came the piece de resistance, the Elmo cupcakes. I made them using a star tip to do the frosting, marshamallows with black gel for eyes, an orange peanut m&m for a nose, and a half an oreo for the mouth. It was funny to watch the kids eat them - they all went at them differently. Jonathan ate the face off of his, but then wouldn't eat the actual cupcake until we gave him a fork and showed him that it was cake. Then Jonathan opened presents and that was pretty much it.  

That many Elmos is just scary!


Deconstructed Elmo


My Jonathans

7 comments:

The Hunt Family said...

Those cupcakes are way cute! Abbi could even tell that they were elmo! Looks like fun. Sorry we missed it!

Chris said...

Morgan, you are an awesome mom! Those cupcakes are incredible! We miss you guys!

erin said...

Seriously, how talented are you? And how have you managed to hide your crafty side from me. These cupcakes are awesome and I'm very impressed. Happy birthday to your little man. I don't think we have even met. Time flies.

Meridee said...

Those cupcakes turned out awesome! Way to go. I'm putting in a request for a Disney princess.

Raimi said...

Happy Birthday to your baby boy! Those Elmo cupcakes turned out so cute! I may have to steal that idea in May for Brody's 2nd birthday. He loves Elmo too!

Jazz Joyner Livingston said...

Oh man I miss that boy already...RICE!!! and THANK YOU ABY!! Those were killer cupcakes!

The Great Hunt Family said...

I remember like yesterday the day Jon was born, I can't believe it's been two years! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you (not that we would have been invited...)!!! We better have been invited!! We love you guys and miss you tons!!