Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Be True To Your School

Take bad food, awkward conversations, and a bunch of increasingly-drunken people and what do you have?  A high school reunion.  Or at least my high school reunion.  Okay, so those are the cynical bulletpoints of the night.  Overall, it really wasn't too bad, although I would have opted for a venue where you could actually be heard by the people you were talking to without shouting over the music.  Only about a third of our graduating class showed up, but even from that small number I was surprised to see people that I had forgotten about and people who I couldn't remember ever having seen, let alone spent four years with.  It was not my idea to go to the event, but a couple of my really good girlfriends were coming into town for it (we are all spread out over the state and the world, so we don't see each other very often) and so I took the opportunity to spend time with them.  I also dragged Jon along with me (against his will) as a flesh-and-blood representation of my life for the last ten years, and was completely gratified when one of my former classmates asked "Who is that hot guy over there?" Oh, him?  Yeah, that's my husband.  Overall, I was happy I went, and am now good for at least another ten years before I see most of those people again. 
Lori, Heather and me

Lori's husband Mike and Jon pretending to have a good time

me, Lori and Patricia (the original Colfax girls)

And oh yes, my hot husband (showing his true feelings of the night)

4 comments:

erin said...

Hey good times! I skipped both my 10th and 20th (which wasn't this year but several past...ughh). I have no regrets over skipping. Anyway, you look so good, Morgan. Whatever you're doing, keep it up because you are one smokin' hot mama with a good-looking husband.

Meridee said...

Amen to what Erin said. I was thinking the same things. You are looking great and oh yeah your husband is good looking.

The Hunt Family said...

You look so beautiful Mo! What's with Jon's Beard? Is he trying to look older...or is he going for the Jesus Carpenter look? haha. love it!

Sarah said...

Please tell me that you guys are coming to Del Oro's too! It's still not too late to sign up :)