Friday, October 31, 2008

Everyone Hail to the Pumpkin Song


Ah yes, the annual trip to Bishop's Pumpkin Farm was once again upon us, and so we made the trek to Wheatland for farmy fun.  As always there was plenty to do and plenty of fall treats to be eaten - my favorite being the pumpkin pie with a crushed walnut topping.  We saw all the animals in the petting zoo and petted the goats (which Jonathan loved), then the kids played in the wooden train and on the slides.  

Help!  That pumpkin ate my son!

We were the last hayride of the evening, and went further out into the patch then we have ever been before - there was speculation that the driver was tired of truckloads of tourists and was taking us out to abandon us somewhere in the wilds of the farm.  After picking out the perfect pumpkins (with minimal whining and only a few reminders that if you can't carry your pumpkin, then it is too big) our trusty driver returned for us (perhaps he had thought better of his maniacal plan) and we took the hayride back in the setting sun - it was really peaceful and pretty.  Another successful trip to Bishop's. 

  


3 comments:

erin said...

I'm so jealous! I loved Bishop's farm. The ultimate fall experience. It was 97* here today and buying the pumpkin at Safeway just doesn't do it for me.

Meridee said...

I miss Bishops Farm! It looks like a successful trip. I miss ya!

The Hunt Family said...

aaahhh one of my favorite places in the world! Nice pumpkins!!!