Monday, September 15, 2008

I Need A Hero

August 27th, 2008 - a truly outstanding day in the lives of those in the Joyner household. For on that day, we were visited by someone so amazing, so incredible, so Super, if you will, that none of us will ever forget it. On that Wednesday, which started so much like any other day, was the day that Superman came to 2041 Swetzer Rd.


To celebrate his 4th birthday, Adam wanted a Superman party, at which he of course would be portraying the part of the man himself. He had big plans: "Mommy, I will be in the bedroom, and when everyone is there you say "Here comes Superman!" and I will come out." With a cape from Six Flags and the infamous symbol on his chest (made by his mommy), as well as the Superman theme song downloaded from the internet, he was ready to go. I would like to note that he was not coached in any way as to how his entrance would go - it was all him.

I made his cake - a chocolate box recipe to which I added sour cream, chocolate chips, Hershey's kisses, and chocolate pudding mix - and the frosting which was of the cream cheese variety. Yum. I made goodie bags and set the table and we were good to go.


We played a version of Hot Potato with Kryptonite instead of a spud, Pin the Symbol on Superman's Chest, and musical chairs with the Superman Theme. Then we enjoyed cake and presents. Overall, it was a very successful birthday.

How old are you Adam?

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Awesome Job! It looks like you had tons of fun! Happy birthday Adam!

erin said...

Wow! Adam really knows how to make an entrance! So cute and fun that you have a great record of the event!

Sarah said...

YOu are so creative...and I love the Superman entrance. He's a Joyner, he must be hilarious!

Morgan said...

I think that is the best way to put it - he is a Joyner. For anyone who knows my husband and his family, that is enough of an explanation.

Meridee said...

That is so stinkin' cute. Jake use to be into superheros. I loved it.

Lindsey and Jared said...

Oh my gosh I love it!!! You did a great job on the party, and I can honestly say that I was laughing out loud during the video of his entrance! He is such a character. Miss you guys!