Monday, November 1, 2010

Counting My Blessings

Somehow it is already November. I have no idea where it came from, or where the year has gone, but there it was this morning, waiting for me when my alarm went off. As we all know, the big deal this month is Turkey Day. Also known as The Day We All Eat Too Much. Or The Day Before Black Friday. Or, for some of us, The Day We All Get Dressed Up To Go and Fight With Our Families (I haven't experienced that one, but have heard stories.) But, officially, it is known as Thanksgiving.

This month, in order to keep  my blessings at the forefront of my mind as our family is going through some hard things, and in order to truly remember to give thanks for those blessings, I am instituting the 25 Days of Thanksgiving. Every day I will post something that I am thankful for. I encourage you all to do the same, whether you post it or not, just take some time every day through Thanksgiving to write down one thing that you are thankful for. Keep the list to look at when times are darker. Or if your times are dark now, use that time every day to find a shaft of light to follow. Surely in this world, where we are all alive and surviving, where we have food and clothes and roofs over our heads, we can find just 25 things to be thankful for.

So today, on the 1st of November, I am thankful for a body that is able to run (even if it doesn't like it) and then go and take a workout class without passing out or throwing up. What are you thankful for?   

3 comments:

Raimi said...

What a fun idea! I am on board. This ties in so nicely with the lesson I taught the YW yesterday. We talked about being optimistic and finding the good thing in our li tveso be happy about. I am thankful for children who wake up happy...even if it is before the sun rises. Happy November!
p.s. great job on the running. keep it up!

Steph said...

That's an awesome idea! Today I'm grateful for sick days that allow me to have a paid day off of work. And for a husband that makes me breakfast :)

erin said...

Love your idea Morgan. I may have to implement it, even if I'm too lazy to blog it everyday- maybe I'll just make a note! For me, one of the greatest blessing of gratitude is contentment. Interesting how that works, but when I'm truly grateful, I recognize how much I have and spend less time worrying about the things I don't. Also, big WHOO HOO congrats on your dedication to working out. You look amazing!